Cruise ship damaged by storm returns to port early — again
[...] cruise line spokeswoman Cynthia Martinez said planned stops in Barbados and St. Kitts were skipped so the 1,141-foot ship could avoid predicted strong winds and rough seas.
The captain was following a new storm avoidance policy that was instituted after the ship was damaged last month when 4,500 passengers hunkered down for hours because of 30-foot waves and hurricane force winds, the company said.
Martinez said the crew will be conducting "enhanced sanitizing" to help prevent any illness from affecting the next cruise when Anthem of the Seas departs on Friday.