North Las Vegas man to plead guilty in kidnap-child sex case
(AP) — A Nevada man accused of abducting and raping teenage girls — including a 14-year-old who showed up at a Las Vegas-area convenience store in December and said she had been kept as his captive sex slave for a month — agreed Tuesday to plead guilty to sex-assault charges that will get him 35 years to life in state prison.
Seventy-nine other charges were dismissed, including kidnapping, lewdness, attempted sexual assault, sexual battery and use of a minor in producing pornography.
Prosecutor Stacey Kollins and Kim's public defender, Lance Maningo, reached the plea agreement during a short break after Lee declined to close the courtroom to the media and public during victim testimony.
The case came to light after the 14-year-old told police she ran away from home Nov. 3 got into a van with Kim, smoked marijuana and fell asleep before waking up in the Las Vegas area, about 100 miles north of her home in Bullhead City, Arizona.