George Pataki suspends presidential campaign
Former New York Gov. George Pataki announced Tuesday he is suspending his Republican presidential campaign.
"I am confident we can elect the right person," he said on his Facebook page. "Someone who will bring us together and who understands that politicians including the president must be the people's servant and not their master. I know the best of America is still ahead of us."
Earlier in the day, he told several supporters in New Hampshire about his decision to drop out of the race, with two sources telling The Boston Globe that while they were disappointed, the news didn't come as a shock. Pataki announced in May he was running for president, and spent most of his time campaigning in New Hampshire. A recent WBUR poll of Republicans in the state showed Pataki with 0 percent support.