FBI: San Bernardino suspects had been radicalized 'for some time'
Both suspects in the San Bernardino, California, shooting that killed 14 people had been radicalized "for some time," and had participated in target practice as recently as days before the Dec. 3 shooting, the FBI said Monday. Investigators are still looking into whether the suspects had links to any foreign terrorist groups, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The husband and wife, Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, allegedly had 19 pipes in their apartment that could have been used to make bombs, FBI assistant director David Bowdich said in a news conference.
The Islamic State has claimed the suspects, who died exchanging gunfire with police after the shooting, were "followers" of the group.