Alleged San Bernardino shooters dropped their baby off at grandma's before massacre
Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, believed to have killed 14 people and wounded another 17 at Farook's office holiday party in San Bernardino on Wednesday, had been married two years and had a 6-month-old daughter, a family representative told the Los Angeles Times. On Wednesday morning, the couple dropped their infant daughter off at Farook's mother's house in Redlands, claiming they had a doctor's appointment, according to Hussam Ayloush, head of the Los Angeles office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
When the grandmother heard about the shooting, she was worried that her son and his wife might be among the victims, Ayloush said. "She started calling. No answer." He also provided some more information on Farook, 28: His parents came to America from Southeast Asia, and he was born in Illinois. Ayloush didn't provide any clues as to why Farook and Malik would allegedly commit mass murder and leave their daughter orphaned.