Good News: Buhari to name looters on May 29
– Come May 29, President Buhari will name public funds looters
– The president said he will name those who have return their loots and the amount returned
President Buhari
Ahead of Nigeria’s democracy day on May 29, President Muhammadu Buhari will reveal names of persons who have voluntarily returned looted public funds.
The president who will also mention total amount recovered so far by his government made this known during an interview in London after attending a four-day international summit on anti-corruption hosted by the British government.
“So far, what has come out, what has been recovered, in whatever currency, from which ministry, department and individuals, I intend on the 29th to speak on this because all that Nigerians are getting to know are from the newspapers, radio and television. We want to make a comprehensive report by May 29,” Buhari said.
READ ALSO:Ex-governor slams all Nigerian governors, find out why
In December 2015, President Buhari had promised to those who have voluntarily returned looted funds to the coffers of the Federal Government in due course.
Then, he had said: “in due course, the Central Bank of Nigeria will make information available to the public on the surrendered funds.”
He said his government owes Nigerians adequate information on recovery of looted funds, explaining that it is part of the collective effort to change the country from the “bastion of corruption it currently is, to a place of probity and transparency”.
Meanwhile, President Buhari has personally replied to British PM Cameron comments on Nigeria describing corruption as a “hydra-headed monster” and advises any country that thinks it’s safe from corruption to wake up.
The post Good News: Buhari to name looters on May 29 appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM (Nigerian newspapers).